You’ll no doubt have noticed that we have a ParkRun scheduled as a club Point Score Race on Sep 12. Given ParkRun is not ‘running’ we have something even better in its place – over four times better in fact! Many of you have been putting in the KMs in the hope of running one of the winter half-marathon road races, like the Blackmores Running Festival, and are disappointed that you will not be on the start line due to event cancellation or postponement. With this in mind and following the success of previous virtual runs, AE will conduct a Virtual Half Marathon Challenge.
What is it?
The format will be a run of 21km exactly (and not 21.097) which is open to all club members with the emphasis on “Challenge”. You can either run/walk as an individual over the distance (21km) or as a team of two or three – each completing any distance as long as the total amount run from all adds up to 21km (i.e. 2x10km + 1x1km or 3x7km or 2x8km + 1x5km…).
When/Where is it?
Saturday 12th September. Time, location and course of your choice.
What are the rules?
- All competitors are responsible for recording their own times and submitting them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Sat 12th Sep.
- Teams can run/walk at the same time, adding together each member’s finish time or in a traditional relay format where each team member takes it in turn.
- Important: We must all still be mindful of COVID procedures and protocols acting responsibly to make it safe for participants and others.
How do I participate in the AE Virtual Half Marathon Challenge?
- Register as an individual or a team here by Monday 7 September
- Run/walk on 12 September
- Email a picture of your Watch/Strava activity to Petenris@gmail.com by 4pm