North Ryde common was the event site for the ANSW XC relays and it witnessed very uncommon results.
AE fielded many teams and a number of athletes ran twice. Many standout performances for overall time, some great lap splits and very minimal two run differentials.
Over 50 Male :
- Campbell Dawson – 15.58 – well controlled effort and great finish for team placing
- Ken Wilson – 16.16 – strong run and improved team position by finishing in 4th place.
- Keith Bateman – 15.36 – very good second club run of the season, strong controlled effort.
- Darren Purcell – 13.55 – great run moving team into first place and finishing strongly
- Wayne Cooper – 20.54 – Good run with excellent time following many injury disrupted training weeks.
- Andrew Harris – 16.43 – great hit out over the tough course and good time.
Over 40 Female:
- Naomi Tancred – 16.36 – nicely paced first lap and strong finish
- Rebecca Holmes – 18.00 – Hung tough on the demanding course and kept the team competitive
- Sally Hannah – 19.23 – Great run on limited training
- Jude Gregory – 18.34 – Continued improvement from previous race and had smile of the day for both laps.
Over 30 Female:
- Rona Macniven – 16.51 – fast start then settled into a strong run.
- Jackie Wright – 18.38 – very sparkly result from a form and controlled run.
- Naomi Tancred – 17.03 – Good back up run from over 40 effort
- Victoria Mitchell – 13.59 – great run, strong and very fluent recording second fastest female time of the day.
Over 40 Male:
- James Costello – 13.47 – very competitive first leg setting the team up, despite stopping to retie his shoes.
- Mark Gregory – 15.02 – solid effort even though not 100% feeling right
- Darren Purcell – 14.00 – Brilliant second leg of the day
- Campbell Dawson 16.25 – another great second leg run
Over 30 Male:
- Loren Elliott – 14.29 – a good working effort
- Karl Badderley – 15.00 – a good working effort
- Dan Brooks – 15.27 – Big run in his second outing for the team, plenary more to come from him
- James Costello – 14.14 – another great second run performance
- Joshua Tancred – 18.03 – Big run and coped very well with the course
- Loren Elliott – 15.05 – tough second leg of the day and worked well
- Karl Badderley – 15.35 – second working effort of the day
- Mark Gregory – 16.31 – very tough second run with good result
All photos and results are below.